Thursday, October 30, 2014

Are We Repairing The Breaks In Our Walls?


 

 

Ezekiel 13:5-7 - You have not gone up to the breaks in the wall to repair it for the house of Israel so that it will stand firm in the battle on the day of the LORD.  Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. They say, "The LORD declares," when the LORD has not sent them; yet they expect their words to be fulfilled.  Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, "The LORD declares," though I have not spoken?

 

God gave Ezekiel a word for the false prophets that had appeared among the people.  They told the people that God was bringing a time of peace…and even swore that God had given them the message. They told the people what they wanted to hear…and gave them a false sense of comfort and confidence.

 

God said they had left the walls of the city broken….flimsy…easy to attack.  They let the false words of the fake prophets lull them into a time of rest…when they should have been repairing the damage that had been done and fortifying the city for another attack.

 

Made me wonder if I rest a little too much….take the calm and easy times of my life for granted. Perhaps I should be working a little harder to fortify my heart against attacks.  I could always study his word a little longer….and spend more of my time in prayer.

 

We are reminded in 2 Timothy 2:15…. “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”  We also read in 2 Thessalonians 5:17 …. “pray without ceasing.”

 

Father…..thank you for the reminder to be watchful for those that speak idle words that are not from your gospel.  Thank you for reminding me that I need to spend more time with you in study and prayer. Forgive me for the times that I have listened to any false teachings.  Forgive me for not using the time you have given me more wisely.  Help me to find more time to study your word…and more time to spend in serious prayer.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment