Thursday, October 23, 2014

Gid Grants Second Chances


Ezekiel 6:7-9 - Your people will fall slain among you, and you will know that I am the LORD.  " 'But I will spare some, for some of you will escape the sword when you are scattered among the lands and nations.  Then in the nations where they have been carried captive, those who escape will remember me--how I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts, which have turned away from me, and by their eyes, which have lusted after their idols. They will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their detestable practices.

 

Occasionally God allowed Ezekiel a message in words.  This one was harsh….and reminded the people that God would eventually bring judgment upon everyone that chose to worship anyone else but the one true God.  Those that did not repent and turn back to the laws that Moses had recorded on Mount Sanai …would die.  But a remnant would be spared and scattered all over the world.

 

For as far back as Adam and Eve…God has been granting second chances. Their continued existence required some form of punishment…but he forgave and restored them for some purpose.  Noah’s family was saved from a flood that destroyed the rest of mankind. The murderer Moses lived in exile for many years before God called him to go back home and lead God’s chosen people out of bondage. The greatest persecutor of the early church Saul had his sight taken away during the period that God transformed him to be a great preacher named Paul. And that is just a few of the ones recorded in God’s great word.

 

God alone is God.  He is the source of love that sustains us.  He is the source of strength that can get through the hardest day.  Believing in the sacrifice his son Jesus made on the cross is the only way to experience a relationship with him…it will provide for us everything we need.  He has given me many second chances…for which I could never appropriately thank him.

 

Father...thank you for reminding me that you are God alone.  Thank you for the second chances you have given me in this life that Have taught me how to love you more deeply. Forgive me for taking those second chances for granted.  Help me to use the time you have granted me to love you more deeply…and allow you to use me as a vessel of your love to others.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment