Saturday, October 25, 2014

God Sees Everything We Do


 

 

 

Ezekiel 8:12-13  -  He said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say, 'The LORD does not see us; the LORD has forsaken the land.' "  Again, he said, "You will see them doing things that are even more detestable."

 

Ezekiel was overcome by God’s power again to have a second vision.  In the vision he was carried to Jerusalem and showed many detestable things the people had done. He was shown idols and elders worshiping pictures of serpents and snakes…women weeping for a god that gave fertility….and even some men worshiping the sun.

 

Some people did this out in the open….completely rebelling against the laws that they had been taught. But God pointed out that some of them did their idol worship in the darkness…thinking that it was hidden to God’s eyes. They reasoned that it was okay because God had forsaken them.

 

God see everything we do.  It says in Proverbs 5:21…. “ For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths. Psalms 33:13-15 says…. “ From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;  from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth--  he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. Hebrews 4:13 says…. “ Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. And these are just a few scriptures that remind us of that God is all knowing.

 

That means that God hears evry whine and selfish thought I have.  God sees the shopping I do that has no real purpose except to fill time. God sees me lay my head down to sleep without spending time praying for the needs of others. He sees me hit the snooze button on the alarm and not spend as much time as I should with him each morning. 

 

The great thing about it is that he will forgive me and let me start over…right now…in this moment….if I am truly sorry for what I have done…and ask him to forgive me.  I might still have consequences to face for my selfish decisions…but God will help me through that season and give me strength to hold to my faith until I have learned the lesson he wanted me to learn.  God loves me so much he will allow me to choose wrong…and help me pick up the pieces of my mistake and make it a testimony.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you see everything that I do…you hear everything I say and think...and you love me in spite of my bad choices.  Forgive me for the selfish choices I have made. Help me to use the lessons you have taught me when you helped me pick up the pieces of my mess to help others know you better.  Thank you for not letting me wander so far away from you…and helping me realize I am nothing without your love and support. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment