Wednesday, October 29, 2014

We Know Not The Hour


 

 

Ezekiel 12:26-28 -  The word of the LORD came to me:  "Son of man, the house of Israel is saying, 'The vision he sees is for many years from now, and he prophesies about the distant future.'  "Therefore say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

 

Ezekiel was told to demonstrate to the rebellious people he lived with how it would be for them in the first days of their exile. So he took his bag out in the street in the light of day….and packed it as full as he could with what he would need. Then as night fell he dug through the wall with his hands and left for the night.

 

It wasn’t that the people did not believe him….they just thought the judgment he foretold was so far in the future it did not affect them. They uttered a favorite proverb of old… “The days as they pass make liars out of every prophet.” So God put an end to that proverb by making Ezekiel’s vision come true in less than 6 years.

 

I can’t help but wonder if that is part of the reason more people don’t take God’s word more seriously now. They dismiss his Bible….they write their own rules…they follow other teachings because so many of the prophecies of the Bible have not come full circle yet. It made me wonder….what if the world as we know it….had less than 6 years left?

 

There needs to be an urgency to how we share God with others….just because we don’t know how much time the world as we know it has left. The disciples got a full sermon about it from Jesus in Matthew 24…but verse 36 says…."No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that there needs to be an urgency in my heart to share your love with others. Forgive me for letting time be my enemy.  Take the part of my heart that has gone cold from the evil I am exposed to every day…and warm it back up with your power and strength. Help me to be what you need me to be…so more people will believe that we are closer to the end than ever before.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment