Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Evil Will Have It's End


Jeremiah 47:3-4 -   at the sound of the hoofs of galloping steeds, at the noise of enemy chariots and the rumble of their wheels. Fathers will not turn to help their children; their hands will hang limp.  For the day has come to destroy all the Philistines and to cut off all survivors who could help Tyre and Sidon. The LORD is about to destroy the Philistines, the remnant from the coasts of Caphtor.

 

It was a short message to the people who had Israel’s enemy for many years.  This giant people ….who thought their statue and strength could carry them through anything had forgotten the God that let a small boy bring down a huge army. It was time that God intervened and let them know who was in control.

 

A picture is painted of such quick and complete destruction that the fathers would turn to want to help…but be helpless as their children were carried off in a great flood. They would be lowered to great cowards….all strength and courage removed from their hearts.

 

It is a reminder to me that God will only allow evil for so long.  His short-term plan may include a bit of hardship and suffering….but his long-term plan calls for evil to be completely stamped out. Anyone who doesn’t believe in God and follow his ways completely will be left behind to watch and endure the last 7 years that evil will be allowed to reign on the Earth. It became even more real for me as I watched the remake of the movie based on the book series….Left Behind.

 

The life we live should reflect an effort every moment to let people know just what is to come.  They can call us crazy….or radical….or just plain looney…but if one more person is raptured because of some effort on my part to tell them the truth….it is totally worth the name calling and persecution that might result.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that evil will have an end. Thank you saving me with your great love and allowing me to be a part of helping others to understand the truth. Forgive me for not using enough of  my time and energy to spread the gospel.  Show me more ways to slip in a verse or two about the future…so more people can go with me to share in the home you have prepared in Heaven. Show me how to renew my faith so I can mount on the wings of eagles and soar in your strength when times get tough. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment