Thursday, February 26, 2015

Christ Is Coming Back


Zechariah 14:1-3 - Watch, for the day of the Lord is coming soon! On that day the Lord will gather together the nations to fight Jerusalem; the city will be taken, the houses rifled, the loot divided, the women raped; half the population will be taken away as slaves, and half will be left in what remains of the city.

 

Zechariah pens his last words with the words of God about the end of the story. His people will have to fight a great battle…and many will be lost or violated in the process. Then God will make a way of escape for them through a valley created by an earthquake that will split the Mount of Olives north to south.  It will be a time when dark does not come at night….and God becomes the Lord of everything and everyone.  Even the trash cans will be labeled with his name.

 

I read it in several different versions.  I read commentaries that connected Zechariah’s words to other prophecies in Matthew 24…..Acts 1…..and Ezekiel 11. I sat longer than usual before I began typing…for I am not a scholar of the end times by no means.  I have read revelation…and it gives even more insight….but none of these scriptures gives us a complete play by play of exactly what will happen.  And they all agree that no one knows when all this will happen.

 

One thing I am reminded of is that Christ is coming back to end the reign of evil in this world.  Some of us that are still here will go through a period of great tribulation. Some of us will be caught up in the sky with him. All of those who have called on his name will share in the end a home in Heaven when it is all said and done. So the bottom line for me is ….Am I watching?  Am I really ready? Am I doing what he called me to do so others will be ready? If I am honest with myself…my answer would be I ‘hope so’….knowing in my heart that I could always do a little more than my flesh allows each day.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are coming back and I need to be ready.  Forgive me for the times that I have not watched for you…but allowed life to distract me into something that you did not call me to do.  Help me focus my eyes and ears and heart so intently on you that I hear you tell me what to do to help others be ready with me to share in Heaven’ great rewards. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment