Sunday, February 1, 2015

Be Confident In The Lord....Like Micah


Micah 7:7-8 -   As for me, I look to the LORD for his help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.  Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD himself will be my light.

 

Micah begins his last chapter with his version of a ‘state of the union’ address.  No honesty could be found…God had been left so far behind he saw no evidence he was ever there. Brothers had turned against brothers….bribes and extortion ruled the heart of everyone.

 

Micah alone was willing to stand for God.  He was willing to wait ….with confidence while God punished the people for their sins and taught them the power of repentance. He knew that when he fell…God would pick him back up and be the light he needed to walk out of the darkness.

 

It is a reminder to me to be more like Micah.  I need to learn how to wait….to let God bring me through the darkness of my tougher moments…be patient when his punishments are trying to teach me the lessons he needs me to know….and let God be the judge of anything I perceive to be a hurt to me.

 

Jesus told his disciples in Luke 17:6 and Matthew 17:20 that it only takes a small amount of faith …the size of a tiny mustard seed….to move the mountains in our pathway. Micah is teaching us the way to start collecting that faith is to rely on God for everything. He is telling us to stop rationalizing our sins and start repenting of them. He is telling us that living God’s way is the way to repair the brokenness in our lives and move into the blessings and promises of God.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that I need more faith. Forgive me for the times that I have sat in front of the mountains in my life and whined about how hard things were.  Help me be more like Micah….willing to sit in front of those mountains and wait for you to move in my behalf…knowing that the time I wait will be nothing in comparison to the light on the other side.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment