Sunday, February 22, 2015

God's Power Will Usher In Worldwide Peace


Zechariah 10:6-7 -  “I will strengthen Judah, yes, and Israel too; I will reestablish them because I love them. It will be as though I had never cast them all away, for I, the Lord their God, will hear their cries. They shall be like mighty warriors. They shall be happy as with wine. Their children, too, shall see the mercies of the Lord and be glad. Their hearts shall rejoice in the Lord.

 

Zechariah was giving the people God’s plan for unity. They had lived as two nations for long enough….they had been punished for their sins….now God wanted to bind them back together as his people.  God had made a promise to them…just because he loved them…and now he was ready to strengthen and build their broken spirits into what God wanted them to be.

 

My mind began to think on the concept of worldwide unity.  Man has tried for years to bring all nations together with peace treaties and organizations like the UN. Churches and mission groups send missionaries all over the world to spread God’s love and cry for peace. Man may have made a tiny dent it in….but most attempts at complete worldwide peace have failed.

 

What man has failed at….God will accomplish in his own timing…perhaps the same way he led thousands plus animals to an ark that Noah built. Those animals that instinctively knew to travel to the ark…stayed inside that cramped boat for months with no predator/prey instincts.  They fully relied on Noah and his family to care for their needs. That sure wasn’t anything Noah could do on his own.

 

I love the last verse of this chapter…it gives the secret to survival till that time.  Verse 12 says…. “The Lord says, “I will make my people strong with power from me! They will go wherever they wish, and wherever they go they will be under my personal care.” That is a promise we can take anywhere God leads us.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that worldwide peace is a part of your plan.  Forgive me for all the times that I contributed to the fighting that keeps peace from coming in my lifetime.  Help me to let your power rule my thoughts and actions so that peace will abound wherever you send me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment