Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Gift Of Grace And Mercy


Zechariah 3:6-8 -    Then the Angel of the Lord spoke very solemnly to Joshua and said, “The Lord Almighty declares: ‘If you will follow the paths I set for you and do all I tell you to, then I will put you in charge of my Temple, to keep it holy; and I will let you walk in and out of my presence with these angels. Listen to me, O Joshua the High Priest, and all you other priests, you are illustrations of the good things to come. Don’t you see?—Joshua represents my servant the Branch whom I will send.

 

Zachariah’s vision continues as the angel showed him Joshua being accused of all the sin in his life by satan.  Every accusation was true…but God chose to show mercy and remove all the sin in his life.  He even dressed him in a clean white garment and turban.  Then he charged Joshua to try and follow God for the rest of his life…so he could continue the branch of Judah that would eventually produce the Messiah.

 

It paints such a vivid picture of the way God forgives all of us with his mercy and grace.  It is nothing that we do in ourselves.  He grants us the grace and saving power of his son Jesus Christ who sacrificed his life as the perfect atonement for all sin. Everyone that believes in Him and repents of their sin can be washed as white as the new fallen snow.  We become the branch of Jesus to share his love with others.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are a God of grace and mercy. Thank you for saving me from my many sins. Forgive me for forgetting that I when I took on your name…I became a model of your love to others. Help me to always model for them the grace and mercy you gave to me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment