Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Help Usher In God's Perfect Love


Zephaniah 3:11-12 - On that day you will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city those who rejoice in their pride. Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill. But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.

Zephaniah had been talking to the nations around Judah and Israel that had corrupted her….but now he turned his words directly to the people who had let their hearts become so hardened they refused to listen to God anymore. It’s one thing to be tricked into sin…but they had built up so much pride …they didn’t even recognize God’s voice of judgment.  There was just a few that heard his voice and wanted to change.

 

The proud would be destroyed…and the meek and humble would be shown how to repent and soften their hearts.  They would listen and learn how to become a faith filled nation that obeyed God completely. They would get to usher in the Messiah …who would model for all how to let love rule their hearts.

 

Verse 12 is the key to ushering that permanent time of peace and unity for all mankind.  Humbleness is the key to understanding the love that God wanted for all of us when he sacrificed his son on that cross. Jesus was tempted to become proud and begin his earthly kingdom early….but he knew that his father had a plan that included a bit of pain….so he could bring all people peace in the end.

 

None of us know the date that perfect time of peace will begin.  My heart wants to believe that God listens to a new prayer every day that extends his coming…so that more people can understand his love…so that less people will be destroyed forever with satan in that lake of fire.  I have also heard the prayers of some that pray for him to come quickly…they just can’t bear the suffering and evil anymore.

 

I admit that I do not always do my part to spread the gospel to those that need to hear it.  My prayers are concentrated on my own selfish needs…or my family….or the many friends he has blessed me with. I am so glad he reminded me today that I need to ask him daily to teach me more about his perfect love. Maybe I will even get a chance to share what I learn with someone else.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that your perfect love will grow inside me if I allow you to power the way I act and feel each day.   Forgive me for allowing satan to trick me in any way…and cause my heart to harden with pride and complacency.  Help me today to look to you to power everything I do and say…so that I can more opportunities to share your love with others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment