Saturday, February 21, 2015

God's Promise Is Bigger Than My Minute Mind Can Fathom


Zechariah 9:11-13 -   “I have delivered you from death in a waterless pit because of the covenant I made with you, sealed with blood.  Come to the place of safety, all you prisoners, for there is yet hope! I promise right now, I will repay you two mercies for each of your woes!  Judah, you are my bow! Ephraim, you are my arrow! Both of you will be my sword, like the sword of a mighty soldier brandished against the sons of Greece.”

 

Zechariah’s words from this chapter confirm the fulfillment of prophecy in the Messiah with the reminder of God’s promise of His second coming …yet to be fulfilled.  God delivered us from the threat of death by sacrificing his own son on the cross….giving us all hope for the most peaceful world we have ever experienced when he comes again to claim his people.

 

One of the keys to getting the most out of this prophecy is to claim the unity of spirit Zachariah talks about in verse 13. All of God’s people will someday fight together to help God rid the world of evil once and for all.  It will begin a time of utter peace and prosperity never known on Earth before.

 

We are still living in a time like David saw as a young shepherd boy.  I Samuel 17 tells of David’s experiences of protecting the sheep from bears.  He relied on God for all he needed in those lonely fields…and God used the understanding of how to kill those bears to train him to be a great warrior later in life. 

 

In Isaiah 11:6 we see the promise of how God will use the experiences he has allowed in our lives to train us to usher in the greatest time of peace ever known.   It says… “In that day the wolf and the lamb will lie down together, and the leopard and goats will be at peace. Calves and fat cattle will be safe among lions, and a little child shall lead them all.”

 

I admit that when you are in the middle of one of those training sessions it is hard to see the benefit for the master plan God is weaving in the world.  I tend to forget that my experiences are not just about me…but about bringing together the whole world to worshiping one God.  I sure needed the reminder that God’s plan will be well worth any trouble it causes me …so I will focus more on the promise he made to unite all of us one day to live in peace.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are weaving a great master plan that I am humbled to be a minute part of.  Forgive me for forgetting for too many minutes that the master plan is not about me…but about worshiping you with my whole heart….soul…and mind.  Help me to understand how you will use the things I think have been hard….so I can start to see your plan for using me the rest of the time you grant me on Earth.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment