Friday, November 27, 2015

Cling To The Positive Promises Of God

Revelation 14:12 -13 -  Let this encourage God’s people to endure patiently every trial and persecution, for they are his saints who remain firm to the end in obedience to his commands and trust in Jesus.”    And I heard a voice in the heavens above me saying, “Write this down: At last the time has come for his martyrs to enter into their full reward. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for now they shall rest from all their toils and trials; for their good deeds follow them to heaven!” 

John’s vision continued with a glimpse of the glory of heaven and the reward awaiting those that endure to the end. He heard an encouraging voice from heaven give two of the keys to standing strong to the end….obedience and trust.

It is a reminder to me that as bad as it will get… we need to concentrate on the positives of our relationship with God to withstand anything else that might ty to harm our physical body. As the psalmist wrote long before John’s vision in Psalms 30:5… “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Two ways to stay strong are to obey God and to trust his decisions for our future.  We may not agree with everything he asks us to do…or feel good about everything that happens in our life….but we can cling to the promises of Jeremiah 29:11.  God’s plans are to prosper us…not to harm us in the future.  He alone can give us hope. 


Father…thank you for the reminder to cling to the positives of your promise to protect our spirits until it is our time to join you in heaven. Forgive me for the times that I forget your power to lift me up and sustain me and dwell more on the negatives around me.  Help me to think more on the prosperous plans you have for my future…so I can continue in obedience and trust you completely with my life.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment