Monday, November 30, 2015

Evil Disguises Itself A Something Good

Revelation 17:17-18 -    For God will put a plan into their minds, a plan that will carry out his purposes: They will mutually agree to give their authority to the scarlet animal so that the words of God will be fulfilled. And this woman you saw in your vision represents the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

John was taken by an angel to see what he described as a battle between the kings of the world and the city of Babylon…which the angel described as a notorious prostitute. The evil in the world would use her as long as she could provide them with what they wanted.  But they would discard her and ravage her as soon as she had lived out her usefulness to them. 

What a great reminder that evil disguises itself as something good for us until it has no more use for us. Then it reveals its true self and destroys what it had taken control of.  Evil takes the form of what looks the best to us at the time we think we need it.  Instead of relying on God…who is always in total control…we are tricked into trusting some earthly thing for a time.

John’s message is clear…if we allow evil to trick us….destruction of something in our life will follow.  God will ultimately use it for good in the end…but the consequences of our choices may stay with us till we die. One other negative is that God’s timeline of re-purposing the choice we made is not always easy to wait for.

I have been tricked many times by satan’s ability to convince the soul that something evil is really not evil at all. When I am weakest….he is right there tempting me with a choice that looks good at the time…but has proven time and again to be a destructive thing to my faith. Thank God that he will use all of my bad choices for good…some I have seen re-purposed for good…and some I must use faith to wait  patiently on him to reveal his plan.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you are in control of all things.  Forgive me for not looking close enough at some of my decisions and seeing the wolf beneath the sheep clothes that tricked me into a wrong choice. Thank you for the promise that you will use every one of those choices for good in your timing. Help me to see beneath satan’s lies and discern who he really is before I make a decision.  Help me to wait patiently to see how you are going to use my wrong choices to bring about your ultimate good. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment