Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hold Fast To Your Faith

Revelation 11:11-12 -  But after three and a half days, the spirit of life from God will enter them, and they will stand up! And great fear will fall on everyone. Then a loud voice will shout from heaven, “Come up!” And they will rise to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watch.

John records a most gruesome picture.  The two prophets that God considers worthy and strong enough to preach repentance in these last days will be attacked and killed by the beast when their allotted days are up. Their bodies will lay in public view ….while parties of victory happen all around them. No one sees the real victory coming. They all watch in disbelief and horror as the spirit of God raises them to life and whisks them away to heaven for their obedience.

It gives me great comfort to know that evil has a definite end.  I may not be around to witness this moment….I may even have to endure some of the evil coming …but I know that I know that I know that God will bring an end to evil in this world when he sets up his earthly kingdom.

There is another promise in this chapter. The ones who believe in God and hold tightly to the faith he builds in them will be protected from spiritual harm.  They will suffer physically….but none of the physical destruction will take their faith away.  Even physical death will be temporary….God showing his power in the end and raising all believers who hold fast to their faith up to heaven in the end.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you will call me to heaven on the day that you conquer evil for all eternity. Forgive me for the times that I let my faith weaken….seeing and letting the world influence me to give up on your promises.  Help me to hold fast to my faith in you so that I may be included in the number of believers that will someday join you a in a great victory party over evil.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment