Friday, November 20, 2015

We Can Experience Victory In Our Trials

Revelation 7:14-17 -  “No, sir,” I replied. “Please tell me.”  “These are the ones coming out of the Great Tribulation,” he said; “they washed their robes and whitened them by the blood of the Lamb. That is why they are here before the throne of God, serving him day and night in his temple. The one sitting on the throne will shelter them; they will never be hungry again, nor thirsty, and they will be fully protected from the scorching noontime heat.  For the Lamb standing in front of the throne will feed them and be their Shepherd and lead them to the springs of the Water of Life. And God will wipe their tears away.”

As John continues his tour of heaven he saw a great crowd of people in white robes ….all consumed with praising the lamb of God who gave them the faith and strength to persevere through a period of time John named as the great tribulation.  They made it through this hard time because they allowed Christ to build a lasting faith that gave them the strength they needed to walk through any test satan could set before them.

They started with a choice to believe in Christ…and the salvation they received in return strengthened them beyond any human capability to endure hardship. Each time satan was given permission to test them…they turned to God for exactly how to persevere through each trial.

I admit that it is hard to think of this time coming in our future.  I may not understand what it will be fully…or just who God will leave on this earth to be his warriors of faith.  But this passage tells me that the people who stand firm during this time and do not waver in their belief…who cling to their belief in God no matter what will be honored with a close seat next to Christ’s throne so they can shout their praises for the victory he will give them.

The cool thing about their victory is that God will wipe away every memory of pain and suffering.  The tears…the hunger pains…the thirst they had….it will all be erased.  And in its place will be a feeling of deep gratitude for all God did to help them win over satan’s tricks …. lies…and misery.  They will drink in the water God provides from the spring of life and forever sing his praise right next to him in heaven.


Father...thank you for the reminder that you can give us the faith and courage to walk through any time of trial and hardship.  Forgive me for the times that I give up on myself….and fail to call on you to help me endure the things that get me down. Show me how to stay so connected to your love that I never fail to call on you again when I feel I am slipping into a time of weakness.  Help me to use the faith you have given me to muster the courage and strength I need to walk through the trial you have allowed…so I can experience the joy of victory when I am finally through the test.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment