Thursday, November 26, 2015

Stand Strong...God Has Already Won The Victory

Revelation 13:9-10 -  Anyone who can hear, listen carefully:  The people of God who are destined for prison will be arrested and taken away; those destined for death will be killed. But do not be dismayed, for here is your opportunity for endurance and confidence.

John’s vision continued with the revealing of two more beasts. One rose up out of the sea…and one came from the land.  They performed deceitful miracles…and required all that lived to worship them. They eventually marked all their followers with a tattoo on their right hand or forehead….no one without it was able to buy or work.

It won’t be a pretty …or easy time for those that refuse to worship the beast. They will be persecuted terribly….some imprisoned and some will die for Christ. Only those that have their names written in the lambs book of life will be protected spiritually from eternal death and harm. Satan will only have control over the physical part of their existence.  Nothing he does can separate these true believers from God.

I admit…I don’t have the confidence to know for sure I can stand for Christ no matter what.  Perhaps if I keep on studying and praying for guidance and wisdom I will on the day that I need it. Perhaps the thoughts of Paul in Philippians 1:21 should be our mantra…. “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

Jesus found his strength in quoting scripture during his temptation…so I know that I can find the confidence I need to stand for Christ by doing the same. How about Philippians 4:13… “ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” ….or Romans 8:28 … “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

This Thanksgiving I choose to be thankful that I can claim the power of Christ to sustain me through all things …good…or perceivably bad.  He holds the key to my everything…I just have to learn how to speak his name whenever I feel threatened or alone.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you hold the power to help me through anything. Forgive me for the times that I let my flesh weaken my resolve to call on you for help.  Help me to stand strong in these times of turmoil and uncertainty.  Give me new confidence today to know that you are waiting for me in heaven…arms open wide to receive me when I have accomplished all that you sent me here to do. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment