Saturday, November 28, 2015

Only God Can Give Us Peace And Courage To Make The Right Choice

Revelation 15:2-4 -   Spread out before me was what seemed to be an ocean of fire and glass, and on it stood all those who had been victorious over the Evil Creature and his statue and his mark and number. All were holding harps of God,  and they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:

John sees another pageant unfolding in the next part of his vision. Seven angels came down from Heaven with 7 flasks in their hands. The flasks contained the last 7 plagues that God would use to show his deep anger to those that followed the beast and received his mark. Those that had been victorious over the beast were given the honor of singing songs of praise and playing harps to accompany the great choir.

I have always loved to sing...music seems to take me quickly to a place of inner peace and comfort. These victorious believers must feel that inner peace too…for they are able to sing praise and worship God in a moment that terrible things will be unleashed on those who are left…those that chose to follow the beast.

God offers that inner peace and confidence to us even now.  The choice to believe in him gives us access to courage and the peace that passes all understanding that Paul talks about in Philippians 4:7.  It says… “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” He is our way to the strength we will need to make choices for him when the time comes.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you hold the key to peace and courage in times of great stress and trial. Forgive me for the times that I get going so fast that I forget to stop and ask for your guidance and wisdom to give me direction.  Help me to hold so tightly to your hand that I always remember to look up and let you guide me through the pathways you allow me to walk.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment