Sunday, November 29, 2015

Watch...And Be Ready

Revelation 16:15  -  “Take note: I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are awaiting me, who keep their robes in readiness and will not need to walk naked and ashamed.”

John watched as the 7 angels were given permission to pour the flasks of judgment upon the earth. Everything from horrible malignant sores…rivers, oceans and other water sources turning to blood….other water sources being dried up completely….heat from the sun scorching the skin of all men left at this time….the creatures being thrown into the deep of the earth….to earthquakes, lightning and thunder announcing the last moment of life on earth as we know it…was poured out of the 7 flasks.

God’s message to me came much later than my usual early morning time with him.  The snooze button on my alarm is way too close to the dismiss button… so I found myself choosing between writing and church.  Opting for church …I realized on the way to meet with my church family which scripture God was using to remind me from this bleak story of the end of our world as we know it.

I wasn’t ready this morning…I let the temptation to hit the snooze button lull me into a complacency that became a vivid life lesson of what might happen if I do not take the words of Revelation 16:15 seriously. If I am not ready for the surprise return of Christ and this moment of time when His father will unleash his judgment on the world …I might just find myself dealing with some of these horrible outcomes.

If I want to be truly ready there is not a moment that I am alive that I can afford to be complacent anymore.  Time is closer than it has ever been…I need to be watching and serving so God will find me ready to go whenever he calls me….whether it be the next moment in time…or years from then.


Father…thank you for the reminder that you are coming again to judge the earth and rid it of all evil forever.   Forgive me for the times that I have let life create in my spirit a false sense of security. Help me to be acutely aware of every task you need me to do for you…and keep my heart ready to embrace you at any moment you might appear.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment