Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Do you want more and more of God’s kindness and peace?

2 Peter 1:2-3  -  Do you want more and more of God’s kindness and peace? Then learn to know him better and better.  For as you know him better, he will give you, through his great power, everything you need for living a truly good life: he even shares his own glory and his own goodness with us!

Peter asks a question that anyone would be smart to answer yes. Everyone can benefit from a little more kindness and peace in their lives….and the way to get it is as easy as getting to know God in a deeper way. What’s even more awesome is that the peace God gives also imparts his power… unleashing everything we need to live a truly blessed life.

Getting to know God means spending time doing the things God loves.  Reading and studying our Bible…praying for the needs of others…. doing acts of love that generate God’s power to heal the pain all around us. We need to spend time in worship with other believers…. and share the testimonies of how God has transformed our hearts.

I am guilty once again….for I am reminded that I take so much of God’s provisions for granted. My testimony these days is how he is letting me rest in a wonderful home….and spend all the time I want with family and friends.  Retirement has given me the time to do the things I love like sew…and quilt…and crochet….and read….and enjoy his creation on my wonderful deck.  God has given me an amazing  season of life that is truly as Peter says…..a truly good life. It makes me want to draw even closer to him….and find more ways to serve him in helping others.


Father…thank you for the reminder that drawing closer to you gives me peace and power to love you even more. Forgive me for the times that I take the great love you give me for granted.  Help me to praise you more often for all you have done…and draw even closer to you so I can be more of a vessel of your love.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment