Saturday, January 30, 2016

Confidence Is Found In God

I don't usually stop and write devotionals in the middle of the day.  But the quiet of the mountain while watching Andrew play with his skateboard lured me into my phone keyboard and quicknote ap. The sun is shining bright. The view is amazing. I can't help but listen to the quiet whisper of God on this mountain top.

Andrew had no one to skate with today....so I went with him. I had never watched him skate...so I had no real excuse when he asked if I wanted to go. The few times I dared to watch  one of the videos he posted...I closed it thinking....oh my that sure looks dangerous.

I will admit that as we climbed the mountain in his car....my mother's heart got more and more anxious. As he walked up the short distance to the start of the run...I had to restrain myself from saying be careful! But as he fluently rolled...very fast I might add... I became very proud of how confident he was. His confidence makes me enjoy watching him...even if it does look dangerous. 

That's kinda how God works in our lives. We delay...procrastinate....and make excuses...but when we actually do something he tells us to do...and see how he makes it his ....it brings a confidence to our spirit that Satan can't handle. Proverbs 3:26 says...  "For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken. We don't have to fear because God has us...no matter what. If we let him build us into what he needs us to be ...we can be courageous disciples like Paul...Jesus...Moses...and present day saints like Billy Graham and Charles Stanley. The sun is shining even brighter because God used this simple time with my son to me two lessons from his word today.

Father...thank you for the reminder that you are all I ever need in any situation.  Forgive me for the times that I let fear hold me back from being the confident servant you need me to be.  Show me how to live in your confdence more and more each day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment