Thursday, January 14, 2016

Let Others See Jesus In You

Genesis 39:2-4 -The Lord was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.  When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord gave him success in everything he did,  Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.

Joseph had been sold into slavery by his brothers. The thing they meant for harm…God turned into a blessing for Joseph and the man who bought him. Despite the horrible things Joseph had endured to this point in his life…he held tight to his faith.  It showed in everything he did…and everyone around him knew where his great blessing came from.

It is a great reminder to me that living a life for God is one of the strongest testimonies we possess. The more people see God in our daily activities and comments about life…the more they are prone to want God in their life too.

It is also a reminder to me that people are also turned away from God when they observe me leaving God out of my life. I am accountable for all the negative things I say. Everyone around me…not just unsaved…. see and hear everything that I am.  I am a model…negative or positive.

I am guilty of being a negative Nellie more than I model the positive faith that Joseph did.  I needed this word today …to help me reflect and ponder a bit more on what I can say or do that always gives God glory and praise ..even when it seems like a bad thing to me.


Father…thank you for the reminder that I am to model the faith of Joseph to those around me … so they can see God in all that happens in my life.  Forgive me for the times that I have let a moment of disappointment…deep sorrow or pain to model bitterness or anger.  Show me how to keep my faith strong…so others can see the father’s love and blessing on the things that I say and do.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment