Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Daily Consecrate Yourself To God

Leviticus 8:1-3 - And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: “Take Aaron and his sons with him, and the garments, the anointing oil, a bull as the sin offering, two rams, and a basket of unleavened bread; and gather all the congregation together at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.

It was time for all the work that had been done to complete the Tabernacle to be anointed for service to the Lord.  The tabernacle…everything made to go inside it… Aaron and his sons who had been chosen to serve as priests …and the garments that God had instructed them to wear when ministering to the people had to be consecrated before God.

They were washed at the tabernacle door….dressed in their priestly garments…anointed with oil and then offered 3 different sacrifices. The bull was a sin offering.  One of the rams was a burnt offering…and the second ram was an offering of consecration. Each offering followed the commands of God…with Moses acting as high priest until Aaron was anointed to take his place.

That word consecrate sticks in my head. Its dictionary meaning is simply to make or declare something to be holy.  The process involved killing an animal and using the blood it shed as a substitute for the person that was offering it. They were washed and made pure from unclean things and set apart for service to God.

John 17:19 says… “For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.” It is a reminder that only God can consecrate us to his service. The great commission tells us that all of us are called to do something for God…we just had to seek his will and repent of any sin so that we can stay clean before him.

I needed the reminder to take my calling as serious as possible. I don’t know what God is going to do from moment to moment….but I know he will use it for the good of those that love the Lord. He will also use whatever he tells me to do to win more people to believe in his son.


Father…thank you for the reminder that I was called to be your servant and need to daily consecrate myself to your service.  Forgive me for the times that I allow life to dictate my agenda instead of you.  Help me to seek ways to clean sin out of my life so that you can use me in the most effective way.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment