Sunday, March 6, 2016

What Did God Give Me To Use For Him?

Exodus 38:6-8 -  And he made the poles of acacia wood, and overlaid them with bronze.  Then he put the poles into the rings on the sides of the altar, with which to bear it. He made the altar hollow with boards. He made the laver of bronze and its base of bronze, from the bronze mirrors of the serving women who assembled at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.

Moses continued to record the work of Bezalel …as he continued to complete each part of the tabernacle. But this time Moses was careful to record that the bronze that was used was given by the many women that came each day to serve at the door to the tabernacle of meeting.

They would have brought these one piece bronze mirrors from Egypt with them…most likely as part of the plunder when they left. They would have been very precious to these women…yet they all together decided to give them to Moses as an offering for the tabernacle.  It wasn’t the fact that it was a mirror…or even that it was made of bronze that made God happy with these women.  It was the fact that they searched their heart for what God could use and gave it willingly and passionately to him.

It reminds me each day to search my own heart for what God may have already placed in my hands so I could give it back to him to use.  Moses gave back the rod he used as a shepherd. Bezalel gave back the talents and skills God had given him to create each piece of the tabernacle.  The women gave up their expensive and treasured mirrors. When all these things were used by God they became a place for God to reside with them while they traveled to the promised land.


Father…thank you for the reminder that what you have given to me on this earth is really yours.  Forgive me for the times that I forget that all that I have can be used to help you minister and lead others to know you and have a deeper relationship with you.  Help me to wake each day thanking you for all I have ..and asking you how you want me to use it to serve you.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment