Thursday, March 24, 2016

Sin Makes Us Unclean...Christ's Blood Washes Us Clean

Leviticus 15:31 -   ‘Thus you shall separate the children of Israel from their uncleanness, lest they die in their uncleanness when they defile My tabernacle that is among them.

God gave Moses even more rules for dealing with the discharges that would make the children of Israel unclean….and cause death if they did not cleanse themselves before entering the tabernacle of God. Men and women alike who had discharges…especially those that contained blood or semen…were unclean and had to follow the set rules for cleansing themselves before God. And anyone who touched them or touched anything they had touched while they were unclean were also unclean. They had to wash their clothes...bathe themselves…and wait for evening to join the others.

How blessed I feel that Christ fulfilled these rules that must have burdened so many during the Old Testament times. No wonder the woman with the issue of blood for 12 years sought out Jesus for healing.  She risked breaking all these rules…so she could get close enough to Jesus…her faith so strong that she knew he alone could cleanse her in a way none of the old rules could ever have done.

Sin rears itself constantly in our lives…. and only Christ…who sacrificed his own blood to atone for all sin can use its power to wash us clean of it. If I fail to repent of the sin that creeps into my heart…then I risk the same death these unclean Israelites did. It may not be immediate…or happen when I enter whatever church I worship in…but it will bring eternal death when my earthly body dies.


Father…thank you for the reminder that sin makes me unclean…and separates me from your love.  Forgive me for the times that I fail you…and let sin remain in my heart and make me unclean. Help me to see the need to repent of all sin… so your love can cleanse me each morning to a new start.  Make my faith as strong as that woman who was unclean for 12 hears…. not afraid to risk seeking you out no matter what the cost. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment