Tuesday, March 15, 2016

We All Need To Clean Up Our heart

Leviticus 7:19 20 -  ‘The flesh that touches any unclean thing shall not be eaten. It shall be burned with fire. And as for the clean flesh, all who are clean may eat of it. But the person who eats the flesh of the sacrifice of the peace offering that belongs to the Lord, while he is unclean, that person shall be cut off from his people.

God continued to give Moses the instructions for offering sacrifices to him. Every detail of how they offered each offering was important to him. Even the state they came to offer it in should be pure and clean. One could become unclean easily in those days… the touching of any dead thing…or coming into contact with blood caused them to follow even more rules to cleanse themselves before they came to the Tabernacle to offer any sacrifice of offering to God.

Jesus might have fulfilled the law …doing away with the need to go through these rituals of cleansing…. but our hearts can still become tainted with sin. The need to cleanse ourselves in a spiritual sense is just as important now as it was then.  Sin separates us from the fellowship of God… and weakens our testimony of him to others.  As soon as sin is brought to our attention…it needs to be removed from our life … and we need to repent and ask forgiveness. 

I cherish the daily reminders God gives me to search for the hidden sin that is making me weaker in my faith than God wants me to be. God wants to cleanse me of all that sin with the precious blood that his son shed to save me. 1 John 1:8-10 makes it clear.  It says… “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.”


Father…thank you for the reminder that you provided a way to purify and cleanse me from every sin I could ever commit. Forgive me for the times that I have allowed the life events of my day to trick me into becoming complacent with unknown sins I need to repent and ask forgiveness for.  Help me to use my time with you to get serious about ridding my life of all the sin that keeps me from being all that you want me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment