Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Thank God For His Most Precious Gift

Leviticus 1:1-2 - Now the Lord called to Moses, and spoke to him from the tabernacle of meeting, saying,  “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When any one of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of the livestock—of the herd and of the flock.

The first recorded conversation Moses had with God after the tabernacle was completed … gave the people detailed instructions on any free-will offerings they wanted to make. They were to give of their flocks… a male with no blemish…or if they had no flocks a turtle dove or young pigeon would be acceptable. It was to be sacrificed and burnt upon the new altar as an atonement for the person who offered it.

The instructions that God gave ensured that each person that gave…did it with the right heart. It was an act of humility….and obedience…done because they loved God and realized the penalty for refusing to crucify their flesh before God. The blood that was shed made atonement for the sin in their life and purified them once again to worship and enter the courtyard to pray.

This was a temporary fix that God used until he could set the stage to send his own son.  The first man to live with no sin took this law and fulfilled it forever by shedding his own blood as a sacrifice for all sin that had ever been committed…and would ever be committed. He gave of his own life... that had no blemishes…as a free-will offering that would offer atonement for all that believe in his name and sacrifice.

It is a reminder to me of just how precious Jesus’ gift was to me. I am guilty of taking it for granted on many a day… not stopping to thank him for allowing me a simpler way to know him personally.  I needed the reminder to wake each morning with a thankful heart ….and to always take time to thank God for this precious gift of love that changed how I view the world around me.



Father…thank you for the gift of your son.  No other person has ever loved me more. Forgive me for the times that I have taken this precious gift for granted…and not stopped to thank you for how it gave me the opportunity to know you as Moses did. Help me to walk as only you can help me walk… in humility and bold discipleship that spreads the good news of your gift to the world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment