Saturday, March 12, 2016

When Sin Plays Hide And Seek..God Can Help Us Find It

Leviticus 4: 27 – 28 –   “If anyone of the common people sins unintentionally by doing something against any of the commandments of the Lord in anything which ought not to be done, and is guilty, or if his sin which he has committed comes to his knowledge, then he shall bring as his offering a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he has committed. “

God gave Moses the directions for the sin offering in this chapter.  The offering had to be an animal with no blemish…but this offering was offered differently than the others.  The person who realized his sin still held the animal while it was killed…but the blood was sprinkles in from of the veil to the sanctuary…and the meaty portion of the offering was burnt outside the camp.

We no longer have to sacrifice animals and sprinkle blood…but we do have to constantly examine ourselves for sin that we may have done without realizing it. As soon as that sin comes to our knowledge we need to admit our part…repent and allow God to restore the break that sin made in our relationship with him.

Every morning I am reminded of some way to draw closer to God… but some mornings God uses his word to identify some sin in me that satan has convinced me is nothing to worry about…and I have convinced myself that God and I are as close as ever. Some mornings the epiphany is so strong and convicting..  it brings mixed tears of sadness and joy as I ask God to use that precious blood that Jesus shed to cleanse and restore me back to his will.


Father…thank you for the reminder that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Forgive me for the times that I have hidden sin in my heart instead of your word…or been content to let sin harbor inside me without admitting the damage it was doing to my relationship with you.  Help me to listen close to every word you have allowed to teach us from your word…so that I can continue to cleanse sin from my life with the precious blood that Jesus sacrificed for me on the cross.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment