Monday, April 27, 2015

Believe ALL Things Are Possible


Luke 7:6-9 - Jesus went with them; but just before arriving at the house, the captain sent some friends to say, “Sir, don’t inconvenience yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of any such honor or even to come and meet you. Just speak a word from where you are, and my servant boy will be healed! I know, because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my men. I only need to say ‘Go!’ and they go; or ‘Come!’ and they come; and to my slave, ‘Do this or that,’ and he does it. So just say, ‘Be healed!’ and my servant will be well again!” Jesus was amazed. Turning to the crowd he said, “Never among all the Jews in Israel have I met a man with faith like this.”

 

Jesus met all kinds of people with all kinds of needs. All of them that were healed had faith…but Jesus said that this Roman…a gentile believer…had more faith than all of them. He paired his belief with great humility and believed that just the words from Jesus’ mouth would heal His servant.  Jesus was so touched by his faith that He told the crowds around Him it was the strongest faith He had ever seen.

 

It is a reminder to me that God can do anything we believe He can do.  God is limited only by our faith in Him. This roman soldier believed in Jesus even when the religious leaders of the day tried to discount Him.  This gentile had more compassion for His servant than many Jews had for their own family.

 

I admit that I am more like the Jews than the roman soldier in this story…but I prayed a little different after reading this last night. My prayers had a new sense of urgency…of faith. I could feel the positive love of God melt away the negative vibes that satan is always trying to weigh me down with.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are capable of doing so much more than I ever ask. Forgive me for the times that I let my human flesh and minute brain limit wheat you can do for those I pray for. Help me to be more like this soldier…and believe that you can do anything… from any distance….just because you love and care for us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment