Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fill Up With Power...Then Go Use It For God


Luke 9:34-37 -  But even as he was saying this, a bright cloud formed above them; and terror gripped them as it covered them.  And a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, my Chosen One; listen to him.” Then, as the voice died away, Jesus was there alone with his disciples. They didn’t tell anyone what they had seen until long afterwards. The next day as they descended from the hill, a huge crowd met him,  and a man in the crowd called out to him, “Teacher, this boy here is my only son….

 

He had just met with God…Moses…and Elijah on a hillside. They talked about the hard task that His father had given Him to do. The experience was so overwhelming that it  transformed His countenance….changing His appearance for that moment from ordinary to glowing white…from the inside out. Peter wanted to stay there forever…and build shelters for them all.  But Jesus descended the hill with a new resolve to finish what God had sent Him there to do. The first thing he did was heal a young boy from demons that no one else had been able to cast out.

 

What  great reminder to live in the present...in the real world that God sent us to minister too.  We can worship Him any time we want …be infused with power and strength….let His love transform us from the inside out….but we should always remember that the strength he gives us is meant to help others.  We should always remember that God tells us to use His power to increase the Kingdom of God that Jesus established during His ministry on Earth.

 

I admit that I feel like Peter more that I follow Jesus’ example.  The tiredness of life...the pain from loss tempts me to want to stay in those moments of mountain top experience…when God feels so close we could reach out and touch Him. But those experiences are not meant to be permanent…just temporary charging stations along the journey that he has sent us on.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you require me to live in the present…to use the power and strength that You have provided to help me work for you in this moment of the day.  Forgive me for the times that I have wanted to stay in Your lap longer than You intended.  Help me to soak up just enough of your love to power me through each task You give me to do…returning as much as I need too for more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment