Monday, April 13, 2015

Trust Like A Child


Mark 10:13-16 -  Once when some mothers were bringing their children to Jesus to bless them, the disciples shooed them away, telling them not to bother him.  But when Jesus saw what was happening he was very much displeased with his disciples and said to them, “Let the children come to me, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as they. Don’t send them away! I tell you as seriously as I know how that anyone who refuses to come to God as a little child will never be allowed into his Kingdom.” Then he took the children into his arms and placed his hands on their heads and he blessed them.

 

Jesus as on His way to Jerusalem to complete the task He had been given by His Father.  These mothers just wanted a blessing for their children….but the disciples tried to send them away. Jesus was upset with them for turning these precious children away and seized the opportunity to remind His disciples that they needed to learn to trust Him the way these little children trusted their parents. Then He let them crawl up in His lap and blessed every one of them.

 

I admit that trust is one of those things that my adult mind struggles with on a daily basis. Some days I am strong and feel God’s presence in the waiting periods of life….but others I am as weak as anyone else…..seeds of doubt trying to take root in my human mind that thinks it has seen way too much disappointment in her 56 years.

 

One of the things that keeps me from falling completely off the trust wagon is to thank God for the many blessings that see around me each day. When I focus on all that God has done for me …I see that the good things far outweigh the bad…and begin to see some purpose in the few disappointments God has allowed.  Then I remember that He promised to give me hope for my future…even though I can’t always see what that future will be.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you installed in me all the faith I needed when I was a little child. Forgive me for letting the pain of this world plant seeds of doubt.  Help me to trust you again like a little child…fully and completely….with no worries about the future.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment