Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Realize the Full Power Of God In Your Life


Mark 11:22-25 -  In reply Jesus said to the disciples, “If you only have faith in God—this is the absolute truth—you can say to this Mount of Olives, ‘Rise up and fall into the Mediterranean,’ and your command will be obeyed. All that’s required is that you really believe and have no doubt!  Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you have it; it’s yours! But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive you your sins too.”

 

Jesus had cursed a fig tree the day before…perhaps just because He knew they would pass it the next day and question Him about it. The disciples had looked at it in amazement…seeing it was withered and dead in such a short time.  Jesus seized the moment to remind them of the power they all held in their hearts and minds to do anything they needed to do.

 

If you have read the Bible through at least once…you have heard the three requirements that are needed to have this power in our commands before.  We must believe…we must not doubt…and we must not harbor any thoughts of bitterness or malice against others.  Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” And then in Ephesians 4:31 says… “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.”

 

I admit that needed the reminder this morning…for it is definitely one of the truths of God that is easier said than done. Belief without doubt is not one of the things that I have mastered yet….and even though I have tasted the sweet peace that is found in giving forgiveness…I realize daily that there is still someone that I harbor resentment …or jealously…or some bitterness in my heart. Perhaps that is half the battle…to realize that I still need to ask God to help me identify all the things that keep me from experiencing His full power in my life.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I need to daily search for the things that block my heart from total reliance and belief in you. Forgive me for the thoughts that I still have that are bitter or jealous or disbelieving in the promises I know your word has recorded for me.  Help me to take all the things you help me to uncover immediately to the altar and release them to your care and power…so that I may realize the full power of your Holy Spirit in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment