Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Every Sunrise Allows Us To Start Anew


2 Samuel 23:1-4 -  These are the last words of David: "David, the son of Jesse, speaks -- David, the man to whom God gave such wonderful success, David, the man anointed by the God of Jacob, David, the sweet psalmist of Israel.  "The Spirit of the LORD speaks through me; his words are upon my tongue.  The God of Israel spoke. The Rock of Israel said to me: 'The person who rules righteously, who rules in the fear of God,  he is like the light of the morning, like the sunrise bursting forth in a cloudless sky, like the refreshing rains that bring tender grass from the earth.'

David was nearing the completion of his task as king…the job God anointed him to do was finished…and he honored David one more time by recording these sweet words.  They spoke of the need to fear God when we are given the high honor of leading others.  We should rise and seek God’s direction new each morning …and walk in his light each day.  We should pray for cloudless skies….to prevent satan form tripping us up with his lies and deceit.  We should provide for those that we are leading refreshment… and nourishment…so that their lives bring forth new growth.

Every parent…every teacher...every person that has a job directing others should listen closely to these words.   We need to wake up each new sunrise with God’s love in our soul…and pray for cloudless skies…so we can see satan when he approaches.  We need to walk in the light of his great Bible each and every day.  We should pray that God show us how to refresh those around us with the nourishment they need to have a closer relationship with God.

Once again…I admit to all that I have missed the mark.  I carry 30 years of parenting…and 30 years of teaching on my old shoulders…and I sure haven’t followed God’s advice every day.  But thank God that each new day brings a new opportunity for me to wake up with him and start anew.  And thank the Lord that he uses every mistake I made…even forgives me each time I realize what I have done wrong and ask him to help me set it right.  I can walk in his new light this morning…pray that he help me recognize the tricks of satan today…and nourish as many as I can with at least one thought that will help them grow more loving and kind
.
Father…I am so thankful that you recorded these great words of strength and wisdom from David’s last days on the Earth.  Forgive me Lord for the times when I failed to be the parent and teacher you needed me to be….show me how to make a fresh start…as the sun rises new today…and use your love to guide my decisions.  Help me to listen and hear your directions for the lives you will place near me today…and close my ears to any tricks that satan is laying in my path to confuse me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment