Thursday, May 9, 2013

God's Love Covers us....Just Because


2 Samuel 17:14-16 -  Then Absalom and all the leaders of Israel said, "Hushai's advice is better than Ahithophel's." For the LORD had arranged to defeat the counsel of Ahithophel, which really was the better plan, so that he could bring disaster upon Absalom!  Then Hushai reported to Zadok and Abiathar, the priests, what Ahithophel had said and what he himself had suggested instead.  "Quick!" he told them. "Find David and urge him not to stay at the shallows of the Jordan River tonight. He must go across at once into the wilderness beyond. Otherwise he will die and his entire army with him."

 

Absalom wasted no time thinking about the best way to kill his father and take over the throne of Israel….but he did not have a clue the battle had been fought before he made any decision.  Absalom didn’t know that God had intervened in the hearts of the leaders and had them accept Hushai’s bad advice over the more cunning counsel of Ahithophel.  Then he worked a covering over the boys that were sent to warn David of the attack. Absalom was no match for the mighty Jehovah.

 

Maybe God covered David because of the humility he was showing in this season of his life.  He had learned to let God’s plan unveil itself as God saw fit.  Maybe it was simply God’s love of this leader he had anointed as boy.  He just loved him so much that he wanted to protect him. Or maybe it was because God simply wasn’t finished with David yet. Absalom was not a part of God’s great plan for Israel…and God could not use his evil heart to bring about any good….so God manipulated the hearts of all involved to protect and secure David’s life until he could remove Absalom from the throne.

 

It gives me such hope to know that because I woke this morning…God can still use me somehow to help him work his great plan here on Earth.  God simply is not finished with me….and can use me somehow to help him spread the good news of his great love for all. He loves me more than I love myself...and will keep covering me...until I complete the task he put me here to do for him. 

 

Father…I thank you for this story of your great love and care of David.  I thank you for reminding me that you hold every outcome of my life in the palm of your hand. I thank you for refreshing the hope in my heart…that you are not finished with me here on Earth.  Help me to overcome the feelings of doubt and laziness that have seemed to invade my head these last few days. Replace the confusion in my heart with a courage and wisdom that will reveal your will  for my next days. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment