Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Know That My Redeemer Lives


Job 19:23-27 -  "Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll,  that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever!  I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.  And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;  I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

 

Job took his next turn speaking after Bildad’s harsh words.  His friend had not given him any comfort…and he felt God had deserted him too. He had no one in his life who understood his deep confusion....and God had remained silent this whole time.

 

Job’s great words were recorded though…for all of us to read about his great faith.  No matter how hard it got…Job was not giving up on God.  He was clinging to his savior …longing for him with every fiber of his being. He knew that somehow…he would be reconnected to God...no matter how distant he felt in this moment.

 

Perhaps he had read the great prophecies of Isaiah… beginning in Isaiah 7. The many scriptures that foretold a great kinsman redeemer coming…born of a virgin...the very seed of God himself.  He was coming to save his people from all their suffering and hardship.  He would make a way for all to come to see God face to face…just as Job wanted.

 

Jesus came as a baby…grew to be a man…and gave his entire life to ministry.  He worked tirelessly to spread the gospel and try to help us understand the meaning of service to others. He gave his very life for all of us on that cross…so that we could all be transformed in his love. And we should follow in his footsteps…giving  up our Earthly claims to the world…and drinking in his great love…letting it change us into servants as well.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that you came to die for my sins…so that I could be saved and connected with you in Heaven someday.   Thank you for the great words of Job…whose faith allowed him to speak from his heart…and claim the father’s salvation…even before it was possible. Be my redeemer…for I know that you live in my heart as well.  Let my heart become an even better place for you to dwell…enlarge it …so that I can become your servant…..and spread the gospel to those that do not know about your great love and care. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment