Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All We Have Is God's


Job 41:9-11 -  Any hope of subduing him is false; the mere sight of him is overpowering. No one is fierce enough to rouse him. Who then is able to stand against me?  Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me.

 

God continues to speak to Job…describing one of his mightiest creations…the leviathan. He spoke of its strength…the scales that overlapped to protect it...the fire that came from its mouth…and the fear that was roused in anyone who looked upon it. He said a battle was useless with this creature…just as a battle with God would do Job no good. God owed Job no answers to any of his questions.

 

King David wrote about this truth in Psalms 24:1-2 …. The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;  for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.” Paul was reminded of this fact in the vision God gave him in 1 Corinthians 10:26 … “for, The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." Or just read Colossians 1:16  … “ For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.”

 

Everything we have and will ever touch our human fingers belongs to God.  It is simply on loan to us to use to gather his people together and do his work. Everything he has blessed us with in our lifetime was to help us to understand his love and carry out the great commission. God does not owe us anything… we owe everything to God.

 

Father…I thank you for the reminder that all I have is yours…on loan to do the work you put me here to do.  Help me to listen really closely to what you want me to do with all that you have placed in my hands…so that I will use it to help you save others…instead of waste it selfishly on myself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment