Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review Your Life...With God's Eyes


Job 31:24-25, 29, and 33-34 "Have I put my trust in money or felt secure because of my gold?  Does my happiness depend on my wealth and all that I own?

 "Have I ever rejoiced when my enemies came to ruin or become excited when harm came their way?

Have I tried to hide my sins as people normally do, hiding my guilt in a closet?  Have I feared the crowd and its contempt, so that I refused to acknowledge my sin and would not go outside?

 

Beginning with lust …job begins to review the laws that God gave them to live a righteous life. One by one he asked himself the important question… “Have I?”… and then dismissed them as not the reason for his suffering. Job longed for just one person to back him up and believe his innocence. Oh how he longed for God to come and judge him…so his friends and all who mocked his insistence on virtue… could see that he was suffering for no reason God had already ordained punishment.

 

Lust…letting money and wealth become our master….rejoicing when the guilty are punished…and hiding our sins from God like Adam did in the garden…..they will destroy our relationship with God.  We all need to take some time to reflect on these four things that can quickly overcome our lives and hearts…and block us from hearing what God wants to do to make us stronger Christians.

 

Truth is we have all probably lusted after something in our lifetime and we need to take some time to confess it and ask God to forgive us.  And even if we can’t recall a single incident of lust…or greed…or celebration over an enemy’s punishment…or a sin we hid from God…we need to stop and thank him for helping us live a pure life like Job had.  And if we have already confessed those sins…we need to thank God for cleansing it from our lives and helping us to overcome the temptations to let it come back in.

 

Satan will continue to hover over us like a hungry lion…waiting for a chance to make us so weak we forget God can overcome any obstacle in our life. God is bigger that any problem…he won that right when he died on the cross for our sins…and rose to sit with his father in Heaven.  God can forgive any sin...no matter how much we have let it destroy us.  God can forgive the sins we commit in our hearts…against others…and against him.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that I need to stop and review my life for hidden sin that might separate me from you and give satan power to control me for a time.  Help me to be honest with myself and let you help me uncover the smallest sins that I have never realized might be a hindrance to my Christian growth. Break me and empty me of all the world’s influence over my heart…and fill me up with your love and power.  Fill me so full that satan can’t find any room for his lies and tricks.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment