Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Confess Your Sins For A Clear Conscious


Job 27:1-5-  And Job continued his discourse:  "As surely as God lives, who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made me taste bitterness of soul,  as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils,  my lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit.  I will never admit you are in the right; till I die, I will not deny my integrity.

 

Job…in spite of his confusion and pain from illness and loss… cries out to his friends that he will hold fast to God….no matter what. Job knew that he had offered the sacrifices God had required…and held on to the knowledge that God had redeemed him…and counted him among the righteous.  Job decided to tell his friends to stop their accusations…or they would be his enemies in the future.

 

Job’s clear conscious …despite his great pain…could only have come from a dose of God’s peace ….that surpasses any human’s ability to understand.  It says in Philippians 4:6-7… “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

 

Our clear conscious must be accompanied by a dose of God’s forgiveness as well. Job knew that he had regularly taken the required sacrifices to the Temple of God…and asked God to forgive him for any sin he might have committed.  He even offered sacrifices for his family as well.  The blood of those animals he offered to God washed clean his heart each time he went.

 

Our conscious can’t just be washed clean with an animal sacrifice anymore.  We have to accept the sacrifice of blood that Jesus paid on the cross….and confess our sins to him like it says in 1 John 1:8-9… “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

 

Father…thank you for this story of faith and strength that reminds me to search my heart for sin each day.   Help me to wash all the sin from my heart…and have a clear conscious like Job…by asking you to forgive the many sins I have committed.  Replace the confessed sins with your peace that helps me to survive the ups and downs of Earthly life.  Show me how to stand strong like Job…sure of the love you have placed in my heart…till I take my last breath. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment