Monday, February 24, 2014

Accept God's Discipline....And be Blessed By It


Psalm 94:11-14 -  The LORD knows the thoughts of man; he knows that they are futile.  Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law;  you grant him relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked.  For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance.

 

This anonymous Psalm writer had seen so much evil. He wanted the world to be put into an order that was fair and just…where evil men would not be allowed to boast of the wrongs they had done to others.  He knew God was coming to judge them…but was having trouble waiting for that day.

 

God is aware of our limited minds…and that we have trouble understanding some of the bigger concepts of his big plan for the world. He teaches us daily form his word…if we take the time to study it…and reveals just enough of his plan to help us through each season of life he uses to train our hearts to accept his timing.

 

I admit that I have made tons of mistakes…and am very thankful that God did not reject me.  Instead…he poured his love out in the form of some discipline in my life…. a lesson that would teach me how to cling more to him than I do to the world around me. Hebrews 12 explains it a little better than I can…verse 11-12 especially give me hope.  They say… “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.  Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.”

 

Father…thank you for loving me so much that you have disciplined me.  Thank you for helping me through the pain …and helping me to see the beginning of joy and peace that comes from fully trusting in you.  Help me to continue to trust your timing…and watch patiently as you reveal the rest of the plan you have to give me hope for my future. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment