Friday, February 28, 2014

Sing...Praise Together


Psalm 98:1-3 -  Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.  The LORD has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations.  He has remembered his love and his faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

 

This is another anonymous Psalm….mimicking the words of David…..telling us to sing a new song to God.  Perhaps David said this phrase so much that it went viral…and other psalm writers used it to begin their own songs.

 

It reminds me that God’s promise of salvation…offered at one time to only the Jews…truly was spread to all the nations.  Its prophetic message tells of the time when Christ would come to earth to offer his perfect body as a sacrifice. His great act of love making this promise available to all people…to all nations…to the physical ends of the earth.

 

All who have accepted this promise of love and salvation should join together in the largest symphony of song known to man.  Even the mountains and seas that separate us physically will join in with us in praise to God...who loved us more than we ever deserved. That moment will be a truly great one….when Christ returns to claim his people.

 

Father…I thank you for reminding me that you loved me more than I could ever imagine with my imperfect mind and heart.  Thank you for the gift you gave me…and allowing me to become one of your precious children…and watching over me every day. Help me to stop more often to praise and honor you…to shout to others around me how great you are…and share all the wonderful things you have done to help me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment