Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stop Judging...And pray For World Peace



Psalm 72:1-3 -  Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son.   He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.    The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.  

 

Solomon is said to have written this Psalm.  He wanted to leave a legacy of God’s great mercy and peace to his sons …and anyone else that would rule after him.  He wanted everyone to think that justice should be fair…and modeled after God’s way.  He wanted everyone to enjoy the peace that flourished during his reign as king.

 

It’s a great reminder to me to be more careful not to judge….and to always encourage others to live in peace.  God is really the only one who can see the heart of all…and judge fairly.  And Jesus told us in Matthew 5:9 … “ Blessed are the peacemakers:  for they shall be called the children of God.”

 

Even though I try really hard not to judge… I have those moments …just after I have said or done something judgmental…that God has brought it to my attention quickly. I guess I should thank him for not letting the moment pass that he has reminded me that it was wrong…so I can keep working toward being less hypercritical.

 

And the world sure could use more peace.  At least 10 times a day I witness someone being argumentative or mean to someone in their pathway.  And again…even though I try really hard to be nice and flexible…I am sure I have failed miserably at this too.

 

Bottom line is…I need to work harder to be peaceful with all people…and never judge….no matter what.  That is God’s job…and his alone.  I do not have the bigger picture God has put in place for those around me…and what lessons he may be teaching them by allowing them to be different from what I think is the norm.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder to be more careful how I treat the people you have placed around me. Help me to work toward true peace in the spot that you have placed me…and pray more diligently for the areas where I know people are struggling with wars and revolutions of all kinds.  Help me to see all people the same…no matter how they look on the outside.  Help me to take some time to get to know them on the inside…and love them the way Jesus loved me.  Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment