Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Reinstate Me To Your Great Love And Power


Psalm 89:20-24 -  I have found my servant David. I have anointed him with my holy oil.  I will steady him, and I will make him strong.  His enemies will not get the best of him, nor will the wicked overpower him.  I will beat down his adversaries before him and destroy those who hate him.  My faithfulness and unfailing love will be with him, and he will rise to power because of me.

 

This Psalm believed to be written by David’s own Temple assistant Ethan…contains the promise God made to his anointed king.   It begs God to reinstate David to power….to make David successful after he had fallen. Ethan begged God to once more shine his favor and blessing on the king.

 

It dawned on me as I read the promises of God to David...that he has anointed each of us that have accepted his great salvation.  He found each of us…and anointed us to do his work.  He made the same promise to steady us…and make us strong.  He will protect us from the enemy…and give us power to do whatever he has called us to do.

 

We all fall down sometimes…and like David need to be reconnected to God’s great love and power. We are as close to reconciliation as one cry out to the father to restore our faith.  We just need to humble ourselves and pray for forgiveness…and then sit back and watch God remove the guilt and shame from our heart. Then he will return to us and lift us up like he did David…and shine his love through us to others once more.

 

Hebrews 6:17 reminds me that God does not break any promise he makes to us.  It says… “ God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind.”  And since Jesus died on the cross to offer salvation to everyone…that means that every promise ever made to a child of God is ours to claim as well.

 

Father…I thank you for reminding me that the day I called on you to be my savior….that you promised me that you would love me forever. Thank you for loving me in spite of my mess ups….in spite of the fact that I have not always kept my promise to let you control my life.  Restore me this morning to believe with all my heart and soul and mind that you can steady me and give me new strength.  Allow me to have a faith that accepts the great power your love can give me to use your power to help others around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment