Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pay It Forward


Psalm 76:4 and 11 - You are resplendent with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game.

Make vows to the LORD your God and fulfill them; let all the neighboring lands bring gifts to the One to be feared.

 

Asaph may have written this Psalm to celebrate the defeat of Sennacherib’s army. He wanted the world to know who had gone with them into battle and helped them be victorious.  He was so overwhelmed with joy…and wanted to somehow paint a human picture of his mighty God.

 

Then Asaph made a great point to all who were celebrating that day. They needed to go tell God thank you with the proper sacrifices. They needed to turn their shouts of praise into works that would show the world how much they loved Jehovah.

 

That reminds me that it’s not enough to sit in a routine worship service week after week.  I need to put my love into action. Jesus has a plan to use my hands and my feet…after he has filled my soul to the brim with his glory and presence at church. How else will all the kings and rulers of our present day world see God? How else will the evil in our world know that there is another choice in life?

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I am to be your feet and hands…and pour out the love you fill me with each time I worship you. Help me to soak up even more of you each time I enter your house to worship…so I can more quickly realize the tasks you have planned for me to pay forward what you have done for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment