Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sing.... Shout...Declare His Power and Glory


Psalm 96:1-4  -   Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.  Sing to the LORD, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.  For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.

 

This Psalm wasn’t signed….but many theologians believe it to be one of David’s. It resembles his work recorded in 1 Chronicles 16…bubbling over with pure praise…David couldn’t help but shout to the world how much he loved his God.

 

He tells us to sing a new song to God…to wake each morning with a song of praise for all he has done for us.  He tells us to never contain our joy…but instead to share it with the world around us. He tells us to praise God…just out of the holy respect we should have for who he is.

 

David is saying that if we strive to live a holy life….and wake each morning with a positive perspective….that our lives will be testimony to everyone that sees us that day.  Everything we say and do all day long is seen and judged by others …some who have never made a choice to let Jesus be their Lord. We need to make sure that we are glorifying God with all we say and do….so that they will want to know more about the great God that provides such a satisfying life for us.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that I am being watched….and that everything I do and say should be something that glorifies you.  Help me to publish the great things you have done for me more often as I go about my day.  Help me to sing and shout to others how wonderful it is to have such a powerful father in Heaven to look over me and guide me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment