Monday, February 10, 2014

Strengthen The Person You Love


Psalm 80:17-19 -  Strengthen the man you love, the son of your choice.  Then we will never forsake you again. Revive us so we can call on your name once more.  Turn us again to yourself, O LORD God Almighty. Make your face shine down upon us. Only then will we be saved.

 

Asaph was surely struggling with a load heavier than he thought he could bear.  His heart was so heavy….his humble cry to God just wanted it over.  Three times in his prayer he simply says….turn us again to yourself…make your face shine on us once more….for he knew his only ticket to happiness once more was for God to save them.

 

He begged God to come back and bless them once more.  He asked for God’s protection.  He asked God to cultivate their hearts and minds so they could be nourished in his love and live and grow once more.  He asked for strength…and for God to revive the trust they once had in him.

 

That is exactly the humble attitude God is asking all of us to have…every day he grants us life on this earth. He calls for us to humble ourselves…and stop trying to run ahead of his plan for us.  He wants us to turn to him…and place our heart and soul and mind in his control. He wants us to feel a deeper need for his restoration and power…to simply be strengthened as a man or woman that loves God.

 

Father…I thank you for the reminder that you are the source of any strength I ever hope to have. Forgive me for the times that I run ahead and don’t remember that you are the only one that can save me. Help me to always stop and ask you for anything I need.... and to always try to be humble…so that you can always provide for me a way to be saved form myself.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment