Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting...It's A Good Thing


Psalm 83:1-4 -  A psalm of Asaph. A song. O God, don't sit idly by, silent and inactive!  Don't you hear the tumult of your enemies? Don't you see what your arrogant enemies are doing?  They devise crafty schemes against your people, laying plans against your precious ones.  "Come," they say, "let us wipe out Israel as a nation. We will destroy the very memory of its existence."

 

Asaph was having trouble with God’s timing.  God had allowed the nations around Israel to join together and plot to destroy them.  It was so hard for Asaph and his family to just watch day by day…as the kings of other nations devise ways to overtake the land God had given the Israelites. They made fun of God…and thought that if the joined forces…they would be stronger than God.

 

Asaph knew in his heart that there was no one strong enough…not even if every nation joined together…to win against God.  He knew that God had allowed it for some reason…for a time…and wanted God to show up and end the craziness….and prove to the ones who made fun of his Jehovah….that the people of God could not be destroyed.

 

Waiting….it is one of the hardest things that God asks us to do. It is also one of the hardest concepts to understand.  We live in a fast pace nation…that has learned over the years how to erase the minutes on a clock….with fast food…microwave meals…drive through’s of all kinds.  Waiting is contrary to our need to get answers when we want them.  Accepting waiting as something good….means we have to admit that God is truly in control of the outcome.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that waiting is not a bad thing.  Help me to just accept that I sometimes have to wait on you…just because.  Help me to let you be in total control of my life…from the moment I wake…to the time my eyes close at night.  Help me to let you weld together the great plan you have to prosper me and give me hope for my future…without interfering or running ahead of you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment