Wednesday, February 5, 2014

We Give Thanks To You Oh God, We Give Thanks


Psalm 75:1-3 -  We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds.  You say, "I choose the appointed time; it is I who judge uprightly.  When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm. "Selah"

 

Asaph had just reminded us that God’s timing is not what we expect sometimes…now he models for us what to do while we wait. He tells us to give thanks...just give thanks to God who is always near to our heart…and who knows exactly what we need…exactly when we need it.

 

That is simple. Wake up every morning and give thanks. Even when we don’t see the reason….give thanks.  In the midst of the worst storm of our life….give thanks.  Not just on those wonderful occasions when life paints a beautiful picture in front of our eyes….give thanks every moment we can find time to say a simple thank you to God.

 

We might just increase our blessings...like Jesus did the day he gave thanks for what the disciples thought was an inadequate amount of food to feed over 5,000 men…let alone the women and children that had gathered to hear Jesus that day.  The thank you he said to God allowed the simple 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish…to feed everyone that had gathered to hear Jesus preach in Mark 6….and they had leftovers to boot.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that giving thanks is something I should do as soon as my eyes open each day. Help me to give thanks for everything….good…or seemingly bad….so I can experience the blessings you had in store as your perfect timing becomes complete.  Help me to stop saying...I don’t have enough…and start saying…what can God do with what I have.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment