Friday, February 14, 2014

Cry Out For Spiritual Renewal


Psalm  85:10-13 - Unfailing love and truth have met together. Righteousness and peace have kissed!  Truth springs up from the earth, and righteousness smiles down from heaven.  Yes, the LORD pours down his blessings. Our land will yield its bountiful crops.  Righteousness goes as a herald before him, preparing the way for his steps.

 

Asaph remembered all that God had done for the people of Israel.  He longed for restoration…for God to restore the people and rain down new blessings upon them.  His heart overflowed with love for God…and his pen found these beautiful words to express his deep praise for the God who loved him so much.

 

I too am very thankful for all God has done in my own life. Yet I know that since I am still walking on this Earth this morning...he is not finished with me yet…and has new blessings to rain down on me too.  I need to possess Asaph’s attitude …and ask God daily to renew me and strengthen me…so I can remove any sin in my life….and learn to walk completely in his truth and peace …every day.

 

Asaph was talking about spiritual renewal…asking God to impart upon us a sense that we always have more and more to learn about who Jesus was…how he was able to walk the Earth in only 33 short years…and complete the plan God had for his life to save the world from their sins. We need to ask God to give us the same power to be as radical as Jesus was.

 

I admit that some of the concepts in the Bible are quite radical…but if we always think we are good enough….and never push ourselves to accept all that Jesus did as a literal way to live…how can we say we are growing in Christ’s love? If we are truly to model our lives after Jesus…then we are not doing enough…unless we are ready to die on a cross to save someone else’s sins.

 

Father...thank you for the reminder that I am a mere human….saved by the grace of your wonderful son Jesus.  Help me to embrace all that he left us as a blueprint for our lives in the Bible as a real way to live…not just mere words to read each day.  Change my heart Lord….give it a passion to know you on a deeper level…so I can begin to understand the deep love that powered your son to give his life for  me. Empty me of every thought that holds me back from internalizing your mercy and truth….your justice and peace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment