Monday, February 3, 2014

This Is Not My Home


Psalm 73:26-28 -  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.  But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

 

The palmist was struggling with the concept of equity. The wicked and unfaithful around him seemed to be getting all the breaks. He seemed to be struggling…even though he felt he was doing all that God wanted him to do.

 

It wasn’t until he drew near to God in the sanctuary that God allowed him to understand.  The riches gained by evil and wickedness will be left here on this earth….but the one who places their trust in God will live in his glory for eternity. Our rewards are not always earthy…but they are everlasting.

 

It gives me great comfort to know that that the things I struggle with here on earth will fade away when I pass into the glorious home God is preparing for me in heaven. Revelation 21:4-5 says…  “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that earth in not my home…and things here may not always be the way I would want it. Help me to draw so close to you that I always see the good in everything  that happens near me. Help me to wonder less about the equity of things on earth…and more about the numbers of people that do not call heaven home already. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment