Saturday, September 6, 2014

Let God Be Your Security Blanket


Jeremiah 16:19-21 -  LORD, you are my strength and fortress, my refuge in the day of trouble! Nations from around the world will come to you and say, "Our ancestors were foolish, for they worshiped worthless idols.  Can people make their own god? The gods they make are not real gods at all!"  "So now I will show them my power and might," says the LORD. "At last they will know that I am the LORD."

 

Jeremiah must have decided to stop his pity party and trust God again…for he received many messages for the people after his bout with disappointment. He once again spoke the words of God to the people…and let God use him the way he had been called.

 

After one of the hard messages he had to deliver …he stopped to speak this truth to God.  He realized that he had no power in himself….and that God was all he needed to keep going in a world that seemed to search everywhere but the right place for their needs. He stopped to let God know that he finally realized just who was in charge…and that sometimes we just have to trust till God is ready to reveal the next thing he needs us to know.

 

He finally realized the words Paul spoke later in 2 Corinthians 12:10…that when we are our weakest…God can be his strongest.  He felt the full comfort that David wrote about in Psalm 46:1.  He understood the protective nature of God that Paul, Silvanus and Timothy wrote in 2 Thessalonians 3:3.  It says….. “ But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.”

 

I admit….that even though I know tis truth deep down…it doesn’t always manifest itself in my life every day. Oh how I need a huge dose of strength…and refuge…and fortress in my heart to keep me realizing that I don’t have to do anything alone anymore. God can be my security blanket…if I just give up control of everything to him…and let him do what he does best.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder today that I just need to call on you to be showered with all that I need to be my happiest.  Forgive me for the times that I let life hide my heart from the realization that you are there…and let it drag me into a world where I think I am alone. Help me to feel the protection that you offer by praying more often that you cover me from satan’s attacks. Show me how to wake each morning and wrap your security blanket completely around me…and walk in your strength throughout the day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment