Saturday, September 20, 2014

Let God Work Your Puzzle....In His Timing


Jeremiah 30:22-24 -  You will be my people, and I will be your God."  Look! The LORD's anger bursts out like a storm, a driving wind that swirls down on the heads of the wicked.  The fierce anger of the LORD will not diminish until it has finished all his plans. In the days to come, you will understand all this.

 

Jeremiah had been told to write down all of the things that God had revealed to him about his people’s future. Even though many of God’s words had been words of punishment…these last words were words of restoration and hope. They gave the people a glimpse at the much different timeline of God.

 

Those last words….in the days to come, you will understand….stuck in my soul last night when I read them.  I thought of the words recorded in 1 Corinthians 13:12 …now we see dimly.  The King James version of the Bible reads… “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

 

We are just not supposed to know everything there is to know while we live on this temporary home.  God has the puzzle pieces…and he has the perfect plan for putting them all together. While we are asked to stay here on Earth….all we are supposed to do is ask him to help us find the next piece of the puzzle. And when we find that one…we need to ask him for the next one. 

 

I believe that if we follow that perfect will for our lives…and we find all the puzzle pieces in the right order….that when the last one is put in place…we will receive our call to come join him in our permanent home. That crossing over…that moment of passing….will reveal all we needed to know.  In that moment that we get to shake God’s hand…or hug him personally for the first time….or fall at his feet in awe of his holiness…that we just won’t care about any questions we had before that moment.

 

The best that we can do on this Earth is ask God for a huge dose of that peace that surpasses all understanding that Paul talked about in Philippians 4:7.  I love the words of the New Living Translation the best…. “Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” 

 

This peace….God’s perfect peace is what makes the first few words of the prayer for Serenity so special and meaningful to me.  ……. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.”  This helps me to live one day at a time…and make the days he asks me to live on Earth more meaningful and happy….till I get to experience supreme happiness with him. These words are what makes this moment the best moment I have …and to want to use it to share God’s love with others…every day.

 
Father…I thank you for the reminder that you have a plan…that your plan is perfectly timed…and I have no concept of what your timing really is.  Forgive me for the times that I run ahead of you….looked for puzzle pieces out of order…or tried to fit my own piece into a space you had reserved for something else. Help me to savor each and every day you grant me here on earth…to take them one day at a time.  Help me pray every day for peace….so I can accept….change…and use your love and wisdom to make all my decisions every day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment